#MID_14: Building Blocks for the New News - Business Models in Formation
A day curated by Daniela Kraus/fjum_wien and Ken Doctor/Newsonomics.
#MID_14: Let’s talk about business models for the future. Paywalls & mobile sales, entrepreneurial journalism, crowdfunding, new investors, new ideas: There are business models that work – beyond traditional ads and circulation. Discuss top trends and best practices with global media leaders and find out how to grow successfully.
The past is the past. #MID_14 brings together the entrepreneurially-minded to shape the future.
Confirmed Speakers include:
|8.30 – 9.30 am||Wake Up! Coffee & Registration|
|9.30 am – 10 am||Welcome & Introduction with Daniela Kraus & Ken Doctor|
|10 am – 12 am||Legacy media: Cultures of change, reader revenue & the new advertising // 3 x 3 talks with Anita Zielina, Gerold Riedmann, Stefan Plöchinger, Grzegorz Piechota, George Nimeh, Alexander Mitteräcker, Daniela Kraus, Andy Kaltenbrunner, Ken Doctor|
|12 am – 1 pm||John Paton Talk and Chat with Ken Doctor|
|1 pm – 2 pm||Lunch|
|2 pm – 4 pm||Journalism startups: Mobile majorities, entrepreneurial journalism, crowdfunding, new investors, new ideas // Discuss with Hansi Voigt, Ernst-Jan Pfauth & Rob Wijnberg, Daniela Kraus, Richard Gutjahr, Phil Meyer|
|4 pm – 5 pm||Wrap Up with Lucy Küng: How to grow successfully|
|5 pm – 7 pm||Meet Up! Drinks & Chat|
- John Paton is CEO of Digital First Media, the second-largest newspaper chain in the US, and „Newspapers‘ Digital Apostle“ (NYT). @jxpaton
- Ken Doctor is author of Newsonomics and a news industry analyst/consultant for legacy and emerging media all over the world. @kdoctor
- Philip Meyer is professor emeritus and former holder of the Knight Chair in Journalism at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. He worked in the newspaper industry for 26 years before he became professor. @PhilipMeyer4
- Lucy Küng is an expert for media change and a Professor of Media Management at the Universities of Jönköping, St. Gallen and Oxford. @KuengLucy
- Stefan Plöchinger is Editor-in-Chief of Süddeutsche.de, the online news site of Germany’s most widely read broadsheet, and Managing Editor (Online) of the newspaper since 2011. @Ploechinger
- Anita Zielina is Deputy Editor-in-Chief at Stern, the German weekly news magazine published by Gruner+Jahr, and a Knight Journalism Fellow ’12 at Stanford. @Zielina
- Rob Wijnberg is founder and editor-in-chief of De Correspondent, a Dutch journalism startup that raised +1 Million Euros within eight days.@robwijnberg
- Ernst-Jan Pfauth is De Correspondent’s publisher. In 2008, he co-founded The Next Web Blog, which is now amongst the ten most-visited blogs of the world. @ejpfauth
- Andy Kaltenbrunner is a consultant and the program director of fjum’s executive Master program Media Innovation Management #IMIM. @KaltenbrunnerA
- Hansi Voigt is the founder, manager and editor-in-chief of Watson, the new news portal for a mobile Switzerland. @hansi_voigt
- Gerold Riedmann is CEO Digital of Austrian media company Russmedia and a Board Member of the Global Editors Network, Paris (GEN). @GeroldRiedmann
- Grzegorz Piechota is Head of Editorial Development of Gazeta Wyborcza, the biggest quality daily newspaper in Poland. @gazeta_wyborcza
- Richard Gutjahr is an anchor, journalist, blogger and media innovator and consultant and promoter of „LaterPay“, a new micropayment model for journalism. @gutjahr
- Alexander Mitteräcker is board member at the STANDARD Medien AG and director of the highly successful online branch ‘derstandard.at’.
- George Nimeh is the Chief Digital Officer at KURIER.@iboy
- Daniela Kraus is Director of fjum_vienna and a developer of trainings and ideas for digital transition. @fjumwien
Moderator: Carmen Frantz-Kovacs
|Business Package w/ 3 Tickets||
THIS WAS #MID_14: Find pictures, reports and videos here >>