In this workshop, we will introduce some of the tactics used to intimidate and discredit the work of independent reporters and discuss the best strategies to address them. We will do so using an analytical approach that will provide journalists with tools to, first, identify vulnerabilities on their own digital footprint, second, assess the potential impact of the attack on the reporter, and finally, adopt the best approach to combat the attack based on limited resources.
So ist dieser Kurs aufgebaut:
The structure of this 3.5-hour-long workshop:
Block 1: 1.5 hours.
- Module 1: Introduction of the trainer, host and participants.
- Module 2: Types of attacks. How do organised attacks takes place and what are the most common elements?
- Module 3: Self-doxing exercise. Analyze your own digital footprint and identify what personal information can be used by trolls against you.
Break: Let’s grab a quick coffee
Block 2: 1.5 hours.
- Module 4: Protocol for journalists – Build your own plan of action: We will explain the analytical approach to attacks, so journalists can respond rationally.
- Module 5: Exchanging experience, building a network: We will put in practice this analytical approach through a case study.
Dieses Angebot richtet sich an:
Journalist:innen mit Anstellung in einer Redaktion sowie freie Journalist:innen. Keine Vorkenntnisse notwendig.
Das müssen Sie vorbereiten/mitbringen:
Please bring your laptop. All the rest of materials and handouts will be provided during the workshop.